When we envision the future at Wintonbury, we see a place where...
- everyone feels welcomed and appreciated for who they are.
- people enjoy a grace-based relationship with God – freed from striving to be good enough for God.
- hurting, depressed, stressed people find rest, comfort, healing, grace, and transformation.
- people are challenged to live as followers of Jesus, not spectators; ministers, not consumers.
- emerging leaders, pastors and missionaries are developed from within and sent out locally, regionally and globally.
- the Christian life is lived out passionately and sacrificially – prayerfully depending on God.
- people live life together and inter-generational “life on life” influence is the norm.
- the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ is flowing through us into the greater Hartford region holistically.
- we reproduce our impact locally and regionally through regional sites -- one church meeting in multiple locations.
- each member is concerned about the world beyond our borders – praying fervently for those making Jesus Christ known in other lands.
Believing this to be God’s will for our church, we are pursuing this vision through something we call the Six Initiatives:
Incarnational Evangelism – meeting people where they are with the love of God Worldwide
Missions – being concerned about those in need of Jesus beyond our borders
Increased Spiritual Vitality – finding our ultimate joy in a deep love relationship with God
Committed Communities – displaying God’s grace through loving one another
Increased Influence – raising up, training and calling out emerging leaders from within the church
Increased Capacity – reproducing healthy, grace-based churches in our region
Each year we choose a different initiative to focus on as an entire church.
If this vision resonates with you at all, we’d love for you to consider becoming part of what God is doing among us. Join us as we seek to love God passionately and live Christ compassionately in our region and beyond!